Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 2.

       Today was my second day of actual Resort Bus Greeter Training.  Before I begin, let me explain to you how I started my day.  The first bus to EPCOT (where I meet to be deployed), is supposed to leave my housing area at 540a. We are supposed to be there 15 minutes before the bus departs just to be safe. I arrived happily at 530a (yes, 5 minutes late... but what bus driver would leave 10 minutes early?) I stood and waited and waited and waited.  540a came and passed.  The next bad sign was when my roommate Doug arrived for his bus at 550a. In fact, he got on his bus before my bus even arrived.  Finally an EPCOT bus arrived at 600a, which was actually scheduled for 600a. I hopped on the bus with other ECPOT cast members and greeters.  I was supposed to start work at 630a.  The bus did not get there in time.  As soon as it stopped, I hopped off and rushed to the time clock area to check in then rush across to where I needed to be for work.  Luckily all the other greeters were also late, so my 9 minute late check in was removed and it was approved for being late.
           After this whirlwind of a morning, training was as exciting as it was yesterday.  Today we got to visit Disney's Boardwalk Resort, Disney's Yacht Club, Disney's Beach Club, The Swan, The Dolphin, Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Disney's Pop Century Resort, the NEW Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and the All Star Resorts.  It's really amazing to be a transportation cast member.  My trainer Mike explained to me how greeters aren't like any other cast member who works at a specific hotel or at a theme park.  Instead of the same thing or same area everyday, greeters can work at various resorts throughout the week.  Plus we get to interact with people all the time, sometimes for a while and not just for a minute or two like you might in a theme park.
        Soon it was time for some practice on what I learned about being a greeter yesterday and today.  Mike took me to bus greet at the All Star Sports resort.  THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE! I had to ensure that everyone was safe and behind the lines for smooth and safe bus transportation to the theme parks.  Luckily no one was grouchy about stepping back or waiting for a bus.  I was so nervous, and I'll get to do more practice tomorrow.
        For lunch today at one of the cafeterias, I ate an extremely large salad.  It was originally weighed, but since I put it on the styrofoam plate and not a container, it was a max out weight.  It was awfully nice of the woman who suggested that idea to me.  I could load my plate with as much salad that I could fit for a nice low price of $5.49.  What a deal!
         Thanks for reading! =D Until next time... o o
                                                                      O      <--- Fail attempt at a Mickey. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment