*sileeeeeeennnnnncccccceeee*
Ni Hao!!!
Heeeeeelllllloooooo Everyone!!!!!!
It's been quite a while since I last posted. I'm sure you are all wondering what happened to me? No I didn't die (knock on wood), and no I wasn't abducted by aliens. It's just such a marvelous experience here, that sometimes there isn't enough time in the day to blog. Some days it's a stressful day at work, others I'm partying at the park like there's no tomorrow. Most days, I'm so exhausted from work that I just pass out for a few hours. It's not too healthy to take such long naps, but sometimes it's needed around here.
For the past two weeks, I've still been a Resort Bus Greeter. I've experienced some new resorts, as well as some old ones. I've been lucky to work at the EPCOT resorts like Disney's Boardwalk, and two of Disney's All Star Resorts. There's hasn't been too many magical moments, or anything to complain about regarding my job in the past couple of weeks. It's been pretty much the same. Just chatting with guests, and getting through the day.
Since I last posted before Valentine's Day, or rather SAD (Singles Awareness Day), let me start there. The housing team planned a Valentine's Mix and Mingle Event at one of the housing complexes. I was planning on attending just for fun and of course for the FREE food!. That day, I got home from work, and decided to take a nap to refresh myself for that night's events. This is where the journey begins and let's use our visual imaginations. I walked over to the next housing complex where the event was located and got some of the free food. I found myself then chatting and mingling with an extremely cute and intelligent girl. It was like a match made in heaven. I felt so happy and was having a great time. It's almost like it was a dream that I could be having this much fun and enjoying it. Well.... The story that I just told you was a dream. I woke up, and looked outside. It was dark, and I thought, WOW! it's time for work. I checked my phone. It was 748PM!!!!!! *forehead slap* I basically missed the whole event. So the story, I just made that up as I was writing, and it wasn't the actual dream I had, but I thought it would add some flair to this story. Long story short, I slept through most of the event and by the time I woke up, it was too late to go. So... that was my Valentine's Day Story.
Everybody still awake???


I decided to try some new culinary adventures in the past couple of weeks. First, I treated myself to a petite sirloin steak. On an extremely cold day, I made some saimin with vienna sausage. Finally I made Oven Baked Chicken. It wasn't as good as the one's from high school but it was still good nonetheless. Sadly on my first attempt at the chicken, I burned my thumb on the cookie sheet. I had a mitt, but I miss it when I tried to grab the pan and OUCH! burn!. I also made some tomato pasta. I used store bought sauce, and pasta and pan mixed it with some cheese. Not to toot my own horn, but I thought all of these meals were very delicious. =)
I hope that got your attention. Living here near Disney World has given me the opportunities to visit various resorts and try some of the food at the restaurants. My friend Rob told me that he's doing the Resort Food Challenge. No, don't think this is some sort of Man V. Food Competition. The basic idea that he had, was to visit all the resorts and eat something that is unique to that resort. I'm doing an abbreviated version, where my goal is just to eat at each resort. (Sounds like me huh? Plenty of eating. haha) Of course I'd eat something unique here and there, but that isn't my main point. In the past couple of weeks I decided to go to Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort, and Disney's Polynesian Resort. On the day I went to Port Orleans, I got what is called the Beef and Blue Sandwich. It consists of a slice of roast beef, blue cheese and caramelized onions with a side of pasta salad. When I first got it, boy was it stinky. The cheese had an odd smell, but I think that's how blue cheese is. It was actually a decent sandwich. Nothing I would die for, but it was pretty good. Just yesterday I went to the Polynesian Resort before my class at the Transportation and Ticket Center. I had the Pork Nachos. It consisted of a mixture of fried wontonish chips and potato chips, cheese, pulled kalua pork, and tomato. It was pretty good, but a little too cheesy for my liking.

Finally let me get to my adventures in the theme parks. The week, my coworker Rob, Barrett and I went to Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course. It was a lot of fun, and I WON!!! =) On another day I went to EPCOT and I got a picture with Duffy the Bear. I felt like a little kid again!. I've done a lot of the same attractions and rides at the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom. I rode Expedition Everest and I didn't get sick this time. Rob and I also rode Kali River Rapids in 50 degree weather. It was amazingly cold and refreshing!. On a final note. I have a funny story, and a personal story. First, in reference to my last post, I got to ride on a RTS bus. You might think, what's so special about riding on a bus? Well the RTS company went out of business many years ago, and Disney has been able to maintain their fleet of these buses and they are still operating on Walt Disney World roads today. =) I felt like I was riding a part of history. Secondly, I saw a sign at the Town Hall in the Magic Kingdom advertising a short film. I saw the wait time was 5 minutes. Suddenly my body turned to go into the queue and I found myself waiting in line, anticipating a film about the history of Disney. Waiting waiting waiting. They were only letting in 5 people at a time. Maybe it was a small theater? I kept following the line. Suddenly around the corner I saw what we had been waiting for. It wasn't a film or movie... IT WAS MICKEY MOUSE!!! =D I felt a little embarrassed telling the lady that I was the only one in my party. Then I realized that anyone can still be a kid at heart, and that I loved Mickey Mouse, so who cares if I'm 20 years old, and still love my favorite mouse. Walt Disney said that he hoped that nobody ever forgets that it was all started by a mouse. =)
That's the end of this loooooooonnnnngggg post.
Thanks for reading!!!
OH!!!!
It's time foooooooooorrrrrrrr FUN FACTOID/QUIZ QUESTION!!!
What was the name of Disneyland Paris when it opened in 1992?
Any answers yet?
Anyone???
We don't have all day...
C'mon, just take a guess...
We're not playing Jeopardy. You won't lose any money for answering wrong.
Drumrooooolllll please. *lkflalvnaldvnalkdnlanvlknalvknalvnalndvlandvlknadklvn*
It's name was Euro Disneyland!!!!!!!
Thanks for reading! Have a Magical Day!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment